Our ability to smell is the most powerful and evocative of all our major senses. When we experience a scent by essential oil room diffuser for the first time our brain registers the impression evoked and stores it for years, ready to bring us back to a memorable experience at a moment’s notice. Even those of us working within the flavours and aromatherapy nebulizer fragrance industry - surrounded by scent every day - experience the jolt of memory caused by a stranger’s perfume or a nostalgically familiar laundry detergent.
The power of connecting emotion, memory and scent has been known for a long time but our understanding of it is continuously progressing. As anyone working in the fragrance field knows, this neural link between scent and memory is caused by the simple fact that the olfactory bulb, which processes smells, has direct connections to the emotion and memory centres of the brain.
The binding between the receptors in the nose and the odour molecules converts the information from chemical into electrical. It’s a translation from chemical language - the language of the environment - into an electrical one that the brain can understand. And it all starts with a sniff. This means that creating natural essential oil diffuser fragrances are a fantastic tool for enhancing people’s minds and therefore their lives. One such recent innovation is used electroencephalography (EEG) and other sleep measures to measure the brain activity of sleeping people in response to smells.
For centuries, the business of essential oil room diffuser fragrance was more practical than pleasurable. In the 16th and 17th Centuries people associated unpleasant smells with disease. Aristocrats surrounded themselves with perfumed objects and products, for instance cosmetics, powders or gloves, mainly in the hope that their pleasant smell could ward off sickness.
While European aristocracy had long used perfume for seduction, it was only during the early 20th Century, with the rise of new players from the world of fashion, that fragrance and aromatherapy air diffuser became synonymous with pleasure for a large number of people. This saw a shift in our modern understanding of fragrance.
Contemporary society now marries the two uses of room scent diffuser fragrance, as we understand scent as both an expression of individuality and an essential component of improved well-being. Whether that’s in the capability to personalise perfume to express individuality, the alleviation of ailments both physical and emotional (nausea, stress), or the use of active ingredients in beauty products.
Related Industry Knowledge
- hotel room Aromatherapy-perfect for travel
- To break the dull office with aromatherapy
- Analysis on the effect of fragrance marketing
- The efficacy of essential oils
- Hotel Fragrance System Transformation must not ...
- Application of fragrance in service industry
- What kind of crowd does aloes incense fit?
- Analysis of the magical effect of aromatherapy ...
- The Origin and development of aromatherapy
- The principle of aromatherapy
- What are the applicable fields for aromatherapy...
- What is the difference between an air purifier ...
- How to choose a hotel fragrance?
- How much do you know about the essential oil sp...
- How to choose a diffuser?
- 10 Safety Recommendations For Diffusion Essenti...
- Air conditioning diffuser equipment