Over the last few years consumers have been increasingly influenced by scents as marketers become more aware of the potential usefulness of this sense. On average, each person breathes 20,000 times a day and with each breath comes a chance to pitch a product because the sense of smell cannot be turned off. As recently as 2007, scent marketing was billed as one of the top ten trends to watch. Retailers, hotels, and restaurants are investing in the hope that distinctive, carefully considered smells will help amplify consumer spending through tools of aromatherapy nebulizer, attract customers, and create memorable brands.
Smell is a wide-open and fertile ground for marketers. According to the Sense of Smell Institute, the average human being is able to recognize approximately 10,000 different odors. Though there is success in this area to date, research that investigates odor’s ability to affect human behavior is just in the beginning stages. Consequently, the concept of employing scents by aroma lite diffuser to influence consumer actions is becoming an increasingly attractive tool for marketers.
Marketers interested in using natural essential oil diffuser scents rely on two physiological conditions which strongly impact the cognitive psychologically based premises of associative learning and emotional processing. First, smell is one of our most primal and deeply rooted senses and functions as our chemical alert system. When a person smells something from natural scent diffuser , the odor receptors produce an immediate, instinctive reaction. Second, the sense of smell is considered to be the most closely related to emotional reactions. The olfactory bulb is directly connected to the limbic system in the brain, which is the system related to immediate emotion in humans. Thus, from a marketer’s perspective, scent in oil air freshener diffuser has an instantaneous good or bad effect on our emotional state which, as some research has shown, ultimately affects our shopping and spending behavior.
Thus, the neurological substrates of olfaction are especially geared for associative learning and emotional processing. Marketers are becoming increasingly knowledgeable about using scent and room fragrance diffuser to elicit the desired affect in their retail establishments.
Related Industry Knowledge
- hotel room Aromatherapy-perfect for travel
- To break the dull office with aromatherapy
- Analysis on the effect of fragrance marketing
- The efficacy of essential oils
- Hotel Fragrance System Transformation must not ...
- Application of fragrance in service industry
- What kind of crowd does aloes incense fit?
- Analysis of the magical effect of aromatherapy ...
- The Origin and development of aromatherapy
- The principle of aromatherapy
- How To Choose Hotel Aroma Diffuser Machine
- How to Define The Effect of Scent Machine
- Using the Sense of Smell as a Marketing Opportu...
- Basic Knowledge of Diffuser & Essential Oil
- Haze of Controversy about Scent Diffusion
- Benefits And Limitation of 4 Types of Diffuser
- Why some scent diffusers do not perform well
- A History of Home Fragrance
- The difference between aromatherapy machine and...
- How does the diffuser work?